When looking for the best and quality dam liners in Kenya, Aqua Hub should be your first point of call. We are the premier supplier and installer of high-quality dam liners in Kenya and throughout East Africa. Our dam liners for sale in Kenya are the most dependable since they last for many years. A dam liner collects and stores water for later use, primarily for irrigation, residential use, and livestock. Water harvesting using dam liners keeps large volumes of water from boreholes, wells, rivers, and runoffs for distribution to the community. We provide the best, most affordable, and highest-quality dam liners for sale in Kenya.
What are the Best and Quality Dam Liners?
The best and highest quality dam liners are typically made from durable materials, UV resistant, puncture and tear-resistant, and able to withstand the specific environmental conditions of the dam site. The most commonly used and highly recommended materials for dam liners are:
- HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) Liners: HDPE liners are strong and durable and are resistant to UV rays, chemicals, and punctures. They are suitable for both freshwater and saltwater environments.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Liners: PVC liners are strong, flexible and UV resistant. They are suitable for freshwater environments.
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Liners: EPDM liners are made from synthetic rubber that is UV resistant and can withstand fresh water and saltwater environments.
- RPE (Reinforced Polyethylene) Liners: RPE liners are a combination of HDPE and a geotextile layer. They are very strong and resistant to punctures, UV rays and chemicals.
- Butyl rubber liners: Butyl rubber liners are flexible, puncture, tear-resistant, and UV resistant. They are suitable for freshwater and saltwater environments.
- GCL (Geosynthetic Clay Liners): GCL liners are made from bentonite clay sandwiched between two layers of geotextile fabric. They are resistant to punctures, tears, and UV rays and are suitable for freshwater environments.
Dam liners are a barrier or membrane that is applicable at the base and/or sides of a dam to prevent water from leaking out of the dam and to prevent the dam from collapsing. They keep the water in the dam from seeping into the surrounding soil, which can cause erosion and instability. Dam liners are for constructing a wide range of water containment structures, including dams, ponds, lakes, reservoirs, and irrigation systems.
We construct dam liners to address leakage and evaporation problems in dams and ponds. They are long-lasting, dependable, and manufactured to the customer’s specifications. Our dam liners are according to the client’s exact requirements and are of robust, long-lasting materials to make your dam/pond a long-term property asset. Furthermore, our dam liners are appliable in various agriculture, business, aquaculture, and mining projects. Dam liners are available in thicknesses of 0.3 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.75 mm, and 1 mm. They are available in widths that correspond to the size and shape of the reservoirs or tanks. They are UV-treated and dark in colour.
What are the Specifications of the best dam liners in Kenya?
The specifications of dam liners will vary depending on the type of liner, the intended use of the dam, and the specific environmental conditions of the dam site. However, some general specifications of dam liners include:
- Material: Dam liners are typically made from materials such as HDPE, PVC, EPDM, RPE, Butyl rubber, GCL or other synthetic materials that are durable, UV resistant, puncture and tear-resistant, and able to withstand the specific environmental conditions of the dam site.
- Thickness: Dam liners are typically between 0.5mm to 2mm thick. The thickness of the liner will depend on the intended use of the dam and the specific environmental conditions of the dam site.
- Width and Length: Dam liners are typically available in widths and lengths that are suitable for the intended use of the dam and can be customized to fit the specific dimensions of the dam site.
- UV Stability: Dam liners should be UV stabilized to withstand sunlight exposure and prevent the material from breaking down over time.
- Puncture and Tear Resistance: Dam liners should withstand punctures and tears without compromising the liner’s integrity.
- Chemical Resistance: Dam liners should be able to withstand exposure to chemicals that may be present in the water or the surrounding soil.
- Temperature Resistance: Dam liners should be able to withstand the temperature range of the specific environmental conditions of the dam site.
The dam liner thickness
Dam liners come in a range of thicknesses. Consider your project and the site where the dam liner will be erected when determining which dam liner to choose. Dam liners of varied thicknesses are used for a variety of projects and in a variety of locations. The table below includes the different thicknesses and gauges of dam liners, their lifespans and potential applications.
|0.3 mm||5 – 10 years||Suitable for light projects up to 200 square meters in size. Without murram or stones on a flat surface.|
|0.5 mm||10 -15 years||Medium-sized projects; between 200 m and 1,000 m square feet. Works on a surface that is a little bit rough, like one with some murram|
|0.75 mm||15 -20 years||Suitable for projects ranging from 200 m square feet to any scale. Can handle rocky or stony terrain.|
|1.0 mm||20 -30 years||Recommended for projects of any size over 1,000M sq. Can handle rough, stony, or rocky surfaces.|
The prices of dam liners with their thickness
The price of dam liners can vary depending on the type of liner, the intended use of the dam, and the specific environmental conditions of the dam site. However, the thickness of the liner can also affect the price. Generally speaking, the thicker the liner, the more expensive it will be. Therefore, the price of a dam liner with a thickness of 0.3 mm and weight of 0.35 kg is Ksh 200, whereas the price of a dam liner with a thickness of 1 mm and weight of 0.91 kg is Ksh 350.
|Thickness||Weight per meter square in Kgs||Price per meter square in KES|
|0.3 mm||0.35 kg||200|
|0.5 mm||0.46 kg||225|
|0.75 mm||0.88 kg||305|
|1 mm||0.91 kg||350|
Aqua Hub Kenya is a well-known and highly recommended national dam liner merchant and provider. Our liners are valued and used by farmers involved in water collecting and storage, urban agriculture for developing vertical gardens, and fish breeding (aquaculture). If you want dam lining services, please call NAIROBI: 0790719020 or ELDORET: 0759372241.